International Nightwish Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you hear of them?

+6
Swaying_Blade
OceanSoul
Linwe
Hells_Bell
Mrozo
Amethyst Angel
10 posters

Go down

How did you hear of them? Empty How did you hear of them?

Post  Amethyst Angel Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 am

How actually did you first learn of Nightwish? What was the first song or album you heard and what did you think when you first heard their magical and inspiring music? Smile
Amethyst Angel
Amethyst Angel

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://kira.ffcrystalcosmo.com/

Back to top Go down

How did you hear of them? Empty Re: How did you hear of them?

Post  Mrozo Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 am

Amaranth wrote:How actually did you first learn of Nightwish? What was the first song or album you heard and what did you think when you first heard their magical and inspiring music? Smile

I heard Nightwish for the first time someting like 4-5 years ago.
A friend of mine sent me some Nightwish song (can't remember which one). What was the effect?
Well I tried to get all albums and it lasts till now and probably It won't stop soon Smile
Mrozo
Mrozo

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Hells_Bell Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:30 pm

I first heard Nemo, and I actually didn't like it after one listen.
I saw the album in the shops and was curious so I bought it, haven't looked back since!
Hells_Bell
Hells_Bell
State Manager
State Manager

Number of posts : 18

http://www.redbubble.com/people/HelenaBabic

Back to top Go down

Post  Amethyst Angel Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:16 pm

I first heard the song Nemo after my boyfriend sent me down some MP3's of Nightwish to hear them out. I just adored the song and loved the whole Once album immediatly! I then got into Century Child and have constantly loved Nightwish since!
Amethyst Angel
Amethyst Angel

Number of posts : 56

http://kira.ffcrystalcosmo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Linwe Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:31 pm

I think I first heard of Nightwish on a radio show (at the time we still had a decent rock station). Someone was making the promotion of new metal albums and he put excerpts of Highest Hopes. If I remember correctly, the first song I heard was The Kinslayer. Back then I had to stop everything I was doing because I had never heard something like this before. Smile
Linwe
Linwe

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  OceanSoul Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:05 pm

Umm...
I don't remeber exactly - It was about like; I saw that one friend of mine is listening to them, and the name sounded cool and intresting so I was like: "Send me songs!" and she couldn't because... well, I don't know.
At the same time, another friend of mine started listening to them, and she had only Nemo, so that is the official song of them that I heard, though, I listened to Wish I Had An Angel before that on YouTube Razz
OceanSoul
OceanSoul

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Swaying_Blade Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 pm

My 3 best friends were raving about Nightwish on another forum, so one day I was just browsing iTunes and I was like "what the heck...I'll look up Nightwish." So I did, and found only 3 songs: The Siren, Wish I Had An Angel, and Nemo. I listened to WIHAA first and then Nemo and then The Siren. I liked them, but didn't love them. But then I listened to Creek Mary's Blood live on YouTube a million and one times and I was hooked. And now I can't imagine life without them.
Swaying_Blade
Swaying_Blade

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucretia Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

I was a members of an Isreali Blog site, 3 years ago. I once started talking with someone who loved Nightwish and metal in general, and I was curious to know who they are[because it was not the first time I heard the name Nightwish] and that's how it began. The first song I heard was Over The Hills And Far Away [before I knew Nemo I thought this was the most famous Nightwish song] and I love them so much! It was a love from first sight. Before I used to listen to Green Day and Evanescence, and when I began listening to NW I stopped listen to those bands. Their songs were amazing to me, it was so fun to discover them slowly and listen to more and more songs.
Nightwish is my favorite band ever since. I love them so much.
[I also started listening to Metal and discover other music-like opera, after I began loving NW].
That's it Smile
Lucretia
Lucretia

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-02-29

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=698837591

Back to top Go down

Post  Enma Ai Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:50 pm

The first song I heard was Elvenpath. A friend told me it was great, so I decided to listen to it - and it was love at first sight. Or listening. Anyway, it was a couple of years ago and I still adore Nightwish. (Which is probably why I am on this webpage) Razz
Enma Ai
Enma Ai

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  broken_whisper Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:13 am

I first heard about Nightwish off of a friend's myspace one summer. The very first Nightwish song I heard was "I Wish I Had An Angel." At first I didn't like the contrast in the song, but soon the song began to grow on me and it became (and is still) one of my favorite Nightwish songs. Their first album that I heard was "Century Child," I liked that album a lot and in the next year I heard more of their songs and then I was hooked.

broken_whisper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkswat Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:49 pm

one of my friends told me about them. she said they were good so the first song i heard was she was my sin. very good song. after that i went out and bought all the albums.

Darkswat

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum